Sunday, August 19, 2012

We made it! :)

Congratulations to everyone! We made it through the first week of school. Last week we worked mainly on procedures and following the rules. We read several Kevin Henkes books and completed several activities that went along with the books. We also reviewed some Kindergarten math skills and started handwriting practice.

There have been several schedule changes in the last week concerning our related arts days and times. There are several teachers at school trying to work out the kinks and get those finished for us. As soon as I have a final copy, I will send a revised Related Arts Schedule home in your student's agenda folder.

Starting Monday the students will begin having homework. Occasionally, we will get to finish a homework sheet in class. If this happens, I will still send the sheet home so you can see that it is complete. It is important for you to go over their homework each night with them. Your student needs to read the assigned reading passage to an adult. On the assigned phonics sheet, there is a box that beings with "Dear Parent," in it. This box gives you instructions on what to do. I will be going over the instructions during the lesson, but just in case they forget, this is a useful resource!



I am attaching the very first pictures of our class this year! The first is a picture of the class with a flower glyph that we did. The number of petals is the number of letters in their first name. The number of leaves is the number of vowels in their name, and the number of Popsicle sticks is how many syllables are in their names. The second is one where they all wanted to do a funny face. The last is just a super cute picture of the whole class! Enjoy! I'm looking forward to another great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment